16 October 2007

Doodles!

Doodle practice. Some days I'm so hard on myself and my art. Until just a couple weeks ago, I didn't even think I could doodle. I spend lots of time admiring people's art journal blogs, and their lettering styles, and wish I could do that. I've been spending 20 minutes, every afternoon, doodling. Well, that just started yesterday. I did these doodles on a bank envelope and I didn't hate them. Yay! Maybe when I "grow up" I shall become a professional doodler...practicing 20 minutes at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I now what you mean. I'll try to doodle too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your self and your thoughts in your art. I feel like you're a kindred spirit---your About Me blurb could be mine if you just changed the location and job. Anyway, I love your art! What a great idea to doodle every day! No pressure to make it a masterpiece because it's just a doodle. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... funny how we're all so hard on ourselves! Doodling *is* a great way of 'opening up' the creative channels - I just never do it enough LOL! Love *your* doodles, though!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!