08 October 2007

Tape

My journal work for Suzi's art journal group (Lesson: Tape). Duck tape makes a great statement.

4 comments:

  1. Hey there ... followed you here from Suziblu's livejournal "class". I can so relate to this page. Especially today. Good to know I am not alone.

    You are in NC? I live in upstate SC. Is it as hot there as it is here today? We are supposed to be 91 degrees tomorrow? Is it really Autumn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I can relate also... and I am from NC! So hello neighbor. Also, I would love to call myself an artist. I am currently working through Julia Cameron's Artist Way, and I did have an epiphany about a month ago, saying "Why can't I call myself an artist? It is just a word!" But now THAT idea has fizzled out ... oh well, maybe we can get there together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your entry brought tears to my eyes, because I can relate, too. I did my tape exercise, and it looks amazingly like Suzi's! I find myself almost paralyzed suddenly and unable to create. I don't know what the deal is. I've been doing lots of writing tonight, hoping that will help.

    You're right -- the duck tape made quite a statement. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'm also a 40-ish, "baby" collage artist, and this piece sums up my feelings exactly. Thanks for sharing it. All your artwork is incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!