This is the 2nd page that I did for the bird altered journal spread. I used the background that I posted yesterday (below) and added the white square. I had to try this technique I found on Kathy Wasilewski's blog using white-out tape. It was awesome! I drew the bird cage around an image from Digital Collage Sheets, and then I overlayed some dress pattern tissue. The text was an experiment which could've gone horribly wrong, but it didn't (although I won't try it again). I ran some dress pattern tissue through my inkjet printer. This was pretty much a big experiment on all fronts...the best kind of art, I suppose.04 January 2008
Caged Bird
This is the 2nd page that I did for the bird altered journal spread. I used the background that I posted yesterday (below) and added the white square. I had to try this technique I found on Kathy Wasilewski's blog using white-out tape. It was awesome! I drew the bird cage around an image from Digital Collage Sheets, and then I overlayed some dress pattern tissue. The text was an experiment which could've gone horribly wrong, but it didn't (although I won't try it again). I ran some dress pattern tissue through my inkjet printer. This was pretty much a big experiment on all fronts...the best kind of art, I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it! It's great when experiments work out so well, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteLovely image!
ReplyDeletelove this! awesome page!
ReplyDeleteFantastic page
ReplyDelete