18 January 2008

Valentine Fat Book Page


I've been working on 14 5"x5" fat book pages for a Valentine's fat book swap on one of my Yahoo groups. I started with a tissue paper background and then added white pastel crayon to the background to highlight the creases and soften the tissue paper images (vintage Valentine). The text heart is from a vintage copy of Les Miserables and I added a smaller heart tinted with a pink chalk inkpad. I added the image and used white gesso to add the ring around her face. The checkerboards were stenciled top and bottom and I added little white dots to highlight with white gesso. The page is outlined with a silver leafing pen, and I punched 3 holes and added grommets and some pink ribbon. The pink flower has mini white glass beads in the middle.

9 comments:

  1. That is lovely. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool "how too" instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE it! And thanks for the "how-to" on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jillian,

    Thanks so much for coming by and leaving a kind comment on my blog. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, your fat book page is soooo sweet....can't wait till we get this book together. It will be awesome! I love the vintage look so much and yours is just my cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this! The colors and design is just wonderful! Karin@creativechaos

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. I really like the ring around her face. Your eye is drawn right to her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!