My friend Sandee posted about the Creative Everyday Challenge for '09 and also referenced Christine Kane's blog. Christine Kane has a different take on the whole "New Year's Resolution" mindset. Christine theory is to approach the New Year with a one word as the "theme" for the year. Sandee's word for '09 is "release". I decided my word is "grateful". There are lots of things I have to be grateful for going into 2009. One of the most important is taking back my "free" non-working time for ME and my family and not solving the problems of the rest of the world! This is a 4x6 piece I started on New Year's Day reflecting my choice for '09. One of the things I love most about this image is the lack of shoes on the little girl's feet! I hate shoes too!! Happy New Year! Image and wings from Lisa's Altered Art.
02 January 2009
"Grateful" '09
My friend Sandee posted about the Creative Everyday Challenge for '09 and also referenced Christine Kane's blog. Christine Kane has a different take on the whole "New Year's Resolution" mindset. Christine theory is to approach the New Year with a one word as the "theme" for the year. Sandee's word for '09 is "release". I decided my word is "grateful". There are lots of things I have to be grateful for going into 2009. One of the most important is taking back my "free" non-working time for ME and my family and not solving the problems of the rest of the world! This is a 4x6 piece I started on New Year's Day reflecting my choice for '09. One of the things I love most about this image is the lack of shoes on the little girl's feet! I hate shoes too!! Happy New Year! Image and wings from Lisa's Altered Art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy New Year Jill!! Thanks for your visit the other day, it's so thrilling to be back in the Salon and in blogland!
ReplyDeleteI love this piece and the idea of a word for the year. I can do that - just have to pick one now.
So you hate shoes eh? I didn't know that :)
Cheers,
Gaye