This week's Gothic Arch challenge theme is bird(s). The bird image is a rubber stamp from Asta Arts. The image of the girl is from the 'net, but I can't recall the site although it was a free source. The background is a page from an old book I got at the thrift store. I drew all the other elements by hand, except for the word "bluebird" which was stamped. I used watercolors to color in the background elements, and I used gouache on the girl's dress and pink acrylic paint for the dress details. I was looking for a storybook feel for the piece. I'm just barely getting brave enough to post my work that contains hand-drawn elements.
05 November 2007
Gothic Arch - Birds
This week's Gothic Arch challenge theme is bird(s). The bird image is a rubber stamp from Asta Arts. The image of the girl is from the 'net, but I can't recall the site although it was a free source. The background is a page from an old book I got at the thrift store. I drew all the other elements by hand, except for the word "bluebird" which was stamped. I used watercolors to color in the background elements, and I used gouache on the girl's dress and pink acrylic paint for the dress details. I was looking for a storybook feel for the piece. I'm just barely getting brave enough to post my work that contains hand-drawn elements.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh, how fabulous is this!!!! I just love the expression on that little girls face, just priceless!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is just priceless, love it. I just noticed the Queen had the same thought as I did!
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful arch. Love this little girl.
ReplyDeleteGreat fun arch - well coloured!
ReplyDeleteRos
Great, great arch. Definitely achieved the storybook feel...the girl's face is fabulous.
ReplyDeletewhat a beauty! like the colours.
ReplyDeleteNice and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love the house! You did great. You definitely achieved the story book feel. The juxtaposition of the hand drawn elements and the realism of the little girl makes this piece really special.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful. Love the bright colours and the image.
ReplyDeletethis is fantastic! adorable images and I love the bright colors! fabulous arch!
ReplyDeleteReally really beautiful! Cute hand drawn images!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great piece, I love the little girl's expression and I love your hand-drawn elements you added...
ReplyDeleteBrenda
WOW i just love your arch the hand drawn elements are fab and the girl image is perfect
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I love it!
ReplyDeleteGreat style!!! Super!
ReplyDeleteadorable! lovely arch!
ReplyDeleteAnd your friend Sandde said...way coolio!!!
ReplyDeletecute !
ReplyDeletelovely arch, love this little girl:)
ReplyDeleteLove your hand drawn elements! Gorgeous work.
ReplyDeleteThis is total brilliance! Love the arch and the colors--WOW!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! Love the colours and the whole idea
ReplyDeleteWonderful arch!
ReplyDeleteLove it, its so vibrant.
ReplyDeleteLove this!!! The colors a fresh and sunny!!!
ReplyDelete