22 December 2007

Dogs & Art Space


These are our dogs. The top one, with the crinkly ears, is Kizze. We found her in the paper under "free puppies" nearly 10 years ago. She is supposed to be part Boxer (dad) and part Weimaraner (mom), and she is my DH's dog (because that's who she chose). The bottom dog is mine! His name is Linus and I rescued him from prison. Literally! He was part of an inmate dog training program, and when the program was over I adopted him. He's 18 mos. old and is nearly 90 lbs of love and energy. **EDITED TO ADD: YAY! I think I know where Linus got his name. Hubby and I spent Christmas Day watching Ocean's 11, Ocean's 12 and Ocean's 13. There is a character in the movie, played by Matt Damon, named "Linus"! So I believe that Linus was named after Matt Damon!! :)
The 2nd photo is of my art space. About a year and a half ago I started out on a small table, in the corner of the dining room, and have been taking over space in the house ever since. Our 3rd bedroom has now been converted into art space and computer space. The space is never clean. Next week I'm going to paint the walls. The brown was fine when we had our bedroom in here, but I'd like to make it beachy and happy. I'm just dreading the priming of the walls. :)

5 comments:

  1. Kizzee is definitely part lab. I had one for years and recognize the look. They are adorable, and how wonderful that you rescued Linus.

    You already know how envious I am of your art space. Beachy and happy sounds like a great place to work. Don't dread priming the walls; think of it as more painting fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to check out your doggies. Part weim...very possible. My standard explanation for those who don't know the breed is...a head like a lab and an body like a doberman.

    Yours look to be very sweet doggies. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say part lab also. Love your soldered ornaments. I really like the hearts at the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! The dog with the "crinkly" ears - that part was great :-) Your dogs are adorable and your art studio is wonderful! Thanks for sharing both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaaaaaaww your dogs are both super cute, love them, and your art space is fab. wish I had some more space to spread out!! loved this post. :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!