
Suzi was talking about DIY projects on her blog. I did this project several years ago. I have always loved fruit crate labels. I bought a book from Dover Publishing and had color copies made. Each one was cut out and I taped them in place on the wall. My goal was not to have them overlapping, but I wanted to piece them together so that they would look cohesive. Once I had them placed, I removed each label and placed the entire layout on a blank wall in my dining room and then individually modge-podged them back onto the backsplash! It still looks great. I used non-yellowing shellac over the finished project. I guess I should be glad that I like it so much, because it would be nearly impossible to remove! :) We didn't have the money to do any tiling, and I don't like wallpaper much, so this was my frugal answer to a boring painted wallboard backsplash.
Wow! What a lot of work, and it looks great!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool...
ReplyDeleteBrenda