07 April 2008

Altered Journal - Haunted House

This is an altered journal spread I did for Tamara's "Things That Go Bump in the Night" book. Girl image from Lisa's Altered Art. I put some cheesecloth, that I'd painted with black gesso, underneath the image of the house. Text is from one of DH's haunted tales book. My dark & scary muse has been gone so long and I've been doing so much pink & flourish work that this was a little tough going for me.


9 comments:

  1. Looks so great, Jill!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job! Embrace your dark and scary muse, she's so much fun to play with!
    Thank you for the award. I'm kinda speechless here.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool layout Jill. This 'darkness' is not like anything else I've seen of yours thus far...hmmmmm.
    Gaye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages Jillian! Love the Gothic feel to them and the cheesecloth is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, this gave me chills! Love it, fun and beautiful!
    Reminds me of one of your cool blog banners. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jillian - this is great! I love the background and the elements you added to the are perfect!

    Love it!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOH this is incredible, just stumbled upon your blog!
    Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! this is just gorgeous, fab fab stuff. LOVE this spread. I'm glad your "dark and scary" came back, I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!