This is my only artistic creation in well over a month. It's a sign I made for my office at work (5"x7"). Everyone else used a marker on a 3x5 index card but I had to make mine glittery!! I broke down and used a piece of flocked vintage wallpaper that I'd gotten from Donna at Under The Red Roof. I have two packages of different styles, but they are so beautiful that I haven't wanted to use them for any projects for fear of messing them up. The letters came pre-glittered (silver) and then I attached various trims. The single strand of silver sequin trim at the top of the sign was a find at a thrift store---probably near 10 yards of the stuff all wound on a giant spool---for $4.75! Now that I'm settling into a routine with work and school, hopefully I'll start getting my creativity back on the weekends. I even bought some black and silver glitter at WM today!! :)
13 September 2008
INBOX Sign
This is my only artistic creation in well over a month. It's a sign I made for my office at work (5"x7"). Everyone else used a marker on a 3x5 index card but I had to make mine glittery!! I broke down and used a piece of flocked vintage wallpaper that I'd gotten from Donna at Under The Red Roof. I have two packages of different styles, but they are so beautiful that I haven't wanted to use them for any projects for fear of messing them up. The letters came pre-glittered (silver) and then I attached various trims. The single strand of silver sequin trim at the top of the sign was a find at a thrift store---probably near 10 yards of the stuff all wound on a giant spool---for $4.75! Now that I'm settling into a routine with work and school, hopefully I'll start getting my creativity back on the weekends. I even bought some black and silver glitter at WM today!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This sign ROCKS Jillian! I know well the call of the sparkly stuff! I am going to check out your wallpaper source! I'm having a give-away on my blog if you want to check it out.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jen
http://www.artisticallydesigneddiversions.blogspot.com/
She's back! I hope to stay, too. Love your sign, Jill...I bet your coworkers are jealous ;)
ReplyDeleteDeb
Nice to see you creating, and your sign is awesome..I do love that vintage wallpaper..I will have to check out your source as well....and like Deb said, I bet your co-workers are jealous...let us know if they start asking you to design for them too...lol..
ReplyDeleteHugs
Brenda
Hi Jill - so glad to see you being creative. I've missed you!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! I love it! Is everyone at work jealous now? :)
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing!!! Nice to see you cfarting again!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy! Happy! Happy! I'm so happy to see you creating again! And something so cute! You know your co-workers will be wanting you to pretty up their cubicles as well as your own!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous sign! Love all the trim detail work, too. Donna would truly be delighted over this.Hope to see you back, soon! Good luck on the car decision, too!
ReplyDeleteHi Jillian! Just stopping by to say Hi - I really miss you on the Aterted Start group. I even emailed and asked Francine about you - she filled me in.
ReplyDeleteWe flip-flopped. I left work to pursue art full time and am just starting to lay the logistical groundwork to do that.
As always, love your art. YOU, of all people, could make a living at art, missy, so don't let go of it! I added your blog link to my new blog so I'll be watching!
Ooops - forgot to tell you, Tumble Fish is me, Marsha!
ReplyDelete