28 December 2008

If Not Now...When?

Wow! This is my first "art" for many months. I don't know why I didn't start back out with something like an ATC, but I ended up doing a 5"x7" piece. The image is from my personal collection of photographs. I used one of my TH masks that I got from CollageStuff. I could've sworn I'd ordered the "time" mask, but I double-checked my invoice and I hadn't. The border that runs up the left side (vertical) of the piece was done with TH's border mask. The rest of it -- well, what can I say? -- it's a mish-mash of whatever I could think of. My skills are beyond rusty! The idea for the text came from an interview I'd heard on the news about a man who'd written a book called "If Not Now, When?" and I loved the idea of that phrase. It applies to so much in my life right now.

6 comments:

  1. It's wonderful, Jill. The fact that you're rusty makes it even better. You mentioned a messed-up corner to me but it's not at all apparent.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill....rust is good when it produces something like this! I love that little guy. How did you do the dots? Gorgeous lace, too! You're not rusty at all.... : )
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS wonderful, my friend! I'm so glad that you found some time and creative energy -- doesn't it feel good to get back in the thick of things?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be feeling pretty proud of yourself, because that is a great piece of art. Keep it up. I always love your art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are waaaaay to hard on yourself! This is GrEaT! I saw TH's YouTube video on the masks and thought they were very cool. I WON some Grungeboard from a scrapbook store and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Any suggestions???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! It makes my heart sing to see some of your art again! I love it, Jill! You're not rusty. It's gorgeous!
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!